March 9, 2012

Texas is warmer....

This little family is from Texas.  Oregon was cold, windy and snowy on the day we scheduled our outdoor session.  We decided when we got together that we would head back to my studio so we could be warmer.  On this particular day it sure was nice to have the flexibility to change plans and go somewhere out of the elements.

Although I enjoy shooting outside, in the Northwest the weather doesn't allow it year round.  It is really only nice about four months out of the year.  Therefore, I love having a studio.  I used to think that I would only shoot natural light images (only using the sun or window light as my main source of light).  As I have progressed as a professional photographer I have come to realize I love studio work too!  Why, because of images like this....

Photobucket

and this!
Photobucket

Everyone took their turn. I love this age! Such a good listener but had her own ideas too!

Photobucket
She really wanted to sit on my little bench. Little kids love my studio because there is so many fun things in there that are their size.
Photobucket

This young man reminds me of my oldest. So we got along just great!
Photobucket

This one is my favorite...Are you sure you are not a teenager?
Photobucket
And the whole gang all together...
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Julia! That family portrait is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute family. I'm glad you guys were able to make it work despite the weather, and they turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete